Welcome to Year 2 2018-2019
At the beginning of the new school year our main focus is to ensure that the children settle into their new class happily and confidently .
Autumn Term 2018
During this term we will be working on the theme of :
Ribidires ( Animals )
The inspiration for our theme work will derive from .....
- A trip to Pets at Home Wrexham
- A surprise visit from a special pet !!!
- A visit and workshop by a representative from The Dogs Trust.
- A workshop by Chester Zoo Staff.
- A trip to Chester Zoo.
We will be completing tasks on ........
- Caring for animals
- Animals around the world
- Gelert folk tale
- Music 'Carnival of the Animals'
- Fundraising for an animal charity e.g (RSPCA , DOGS TRUST)
- The work of the artist William Brown
- We will also be completing Thanksgiving and Christmas activities and much , much more !!
During the term we will also be following the children's interests and suggestions to create inspirational and exciting activities in the play areas within and outside the classroom .
If you have any concerns please feel free to come and have a chat with us .
Mrs Diane Davies