The School Council
Welcome to our page.
School Council Welcome to the School Council What is a School Council? A school council is a group of pupils elected by their fellow pupils to represent their opinions and raise issues with senior managers and governors in the school. The school council can also take forward projects on behalf of the pupils, and be involved in planning and things like the School Development Plan, governing body meetings and staff appointments.
We will discuss any issues that arise, ideas to improve the school and the organisation of events. Our members are displayed at the school reception, if you wish to view our minutes from each meeting, they are available at the school.
The School Council at Ysgol y Gwernant;
- Are our pupil voice
- Here to improve our school
- Help to keep our school healthy and safe
- Provide opportunities for children and adults to share ideas
- Discuss new ideas
- Raise money for less fortunate children and people around the world
- Welcome visitors and new members to the school
- Work closely with children on the Eco Comittee, Sports Ambassadors, Snag Group, Siarter Iaith, Road Safety Officers and Digital Leaders.
- Do our best to ensure that everyone is happy and safe
- Cooperate with the Ysgol y Gwernant PTA to organise a variety of events to raise money
- Contribute to the school policies
- The School Council is the voive of our children. they have the right to discuss and make decisions in order to improve our school.
New members 2019 - 2020
Year 6 - Sam and Lottie
Year 5 - Poppy and Ben
Year 4 - Molly and Willow
Year 3 - Freya and Ieuan
Year 2 - Eva and Tomi
Here are the results following our first meeting;
Chairperson - Sam
Vice Chairperson - Ben
Secretary - Lottie
Vice Secretary - Willow
Treasurer - Poppy
What the School Council are hoping to achieve this year?
1, To raise money for different charities, including; The Church, Poppy Appeal, Children in Need, Christmas Jumper Day, Sports Relief and Race for Life. We will also donate clothes and food to the food bank in Llangollen during the Christian Week.
2, We will continue to work closely with the Siarter Iaith - working with the Town Council to prepare bilingual posters for the Christmas Fayre, support the new curriculum, prepare anti bullying activities and improve the fitness of our children.
3, Improve the school yard, developing areas to ensure quiet and calm options, cooperate with the Eco group to work on a project based on waste.